Yes! Park University affords students the opportunity to complete the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program while earning a baccalaureate degree.
- Completion of the four-year program leads to a commission as a second lieutenant in the active Army, Army Reserves, Army National Guard or the United States Air Force.
- Cadets must meet military medical, fitness and weight standards prior to entrance into Advanced ROTC.
- ROTC scholarships are also available to students who have excellent academic records as freshmen and sophomores, and who exhibit outstanding leadership potential in school or community activities. For more information about ROTC Scholarships, please see the attached scholarship data sheet.
Prior military service in the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard may automatically waives the first two years (freshman and sophomore) of ROTC courses, and permits direct entrance into Advanced Military Science (junior and senior) courses. This will be determined by the ROTC recruiting and enrollment officer.
Army ROTC Program Summary
Army ROTC is offered to Parkville Daytime Campus Center students by special arrangement. Park KC Area students in a full-time equivalent status may qualify and at Park Campus Centers where cross-town agreements have been established.
- ROTC basic summer camp of six weeks may be substituted for the first two years of ROTC for community college graduates and students who do not complete basic ROTC courses in their first two years of college.
- Attendance at a five-week Summer ROTC Advanced Camp is required between junior and senior years.
- Park University awards four semester hours of lower level electives for completion of Basic Military Science and six semester hours of upper level electives for completion of Advanced Military Science. These 10 hours may be applied toward the graduation elective requirement.
- There are no course fees; textbooks and uniforms are government-furnished.
- Upon entering junior-level Advanced ROTC, cadets are contracted by the Army to accept a commission upon graduation with a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree.
- For students enrolled in the ROTC program receive the Active Duty special tution rate of $250/credit hour.
For more information about Army ROTC, please contact Major William Chuber at email@example.com or Sarah Weygand firstname.lastname@example.org.