This Citrix walk-thru is for Park Employees using a Park-issued computer.
For Citrix help for Students and Lab Applications, please see:
SECTION A - LOCATING YOUR CITRIX ICON
To setup your Citrix Icon so it's always visible and ready to open your Citrix Apps and Desktop, let's first make sure you see the Citrix Icon by your time in the corner like this:
Note: If you already see this icon, then you can skip to the setup of Citrix in Section C below
SECTION B - MAKING YOUR CITRIX ICON ALWAYS VISIBLE
If you don't see the Citrix Icon already there, you can make it visible all the time by following these easy steps:
- Click the little Up Arrow next to the other icons by your Time in the corner of the screen
2. Now click Customize...
3. On the window that appears, find Citrix Receiver Application and click the drop-down Menu to its right
4. Click the option for Show Icon And Notifications
5. Finally, click the OK button at the bottom of the window
You should now see the Citrix icon by your Time in the corner of the screen.
SECTION C - SETTING UP CITRIX
1. Double-click the Citrix icon by your time in the corner of the screen
NOTE: If when you double-click the icon you get the Park University Citrix Apps/Desktop Screen, your Citrix is already setup. Skip to Section D below.
2. In the Add Account window, click the text box in the middle and type https://citrix.park.edu
3. Now click the Add button at the bottom
4. Citrix will ask for your Windows credentials twice (what you use to log into your Park computer) - enter both your username and password, then click the Log On button
5. Here it asks for your Windows credentials again - enter both your username and password, click the Remember My Password checkbox, then click the Log On button
6. Your Park University App/Desktops Screen now displays.
SECTION D - ACCESSING YOUR APPS AND DESKTOP IN CITRIX
To access a single Park University App, click the Apps Tab at the top, then click the App (such as Tableau Reader or CX 8.1) to launch it.
To Access your Park University Virtual Desktop, click the Desktops Tab at the top, then click your Desktop icon
SECTION E - DISCONNECT OR LOG OFF A VIRTUAL DESKTOP - WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?
If you want to "Turn Off" or "Restart" your Virtual Desktop (ending all programs and exiting Windows and the Virtual Desktop), go to the Start Button on the Virtual Desktop and click Log Off
If you want to save your current Windows Session on your Virtual Desktop - that is, you want to just quickly exit and pick up right where you left off - click the Start Button in your Virtual Desktop, then the little right arrow next to Log Off, then click Disconnect