The Extron Control Panel is mounted on the wall in each classroom in the Academic Expansion (for Control Panels in other classrooms, see Calypso Control Panel for instructions).
Here is a quick guide to the buttons on the Extron Control Panels
- DISPLAY ON/OFF: Turns on or off the display screens in the classroom. When the display is on the content on the podium screen will display on the classroom screens. When the button is turned on it lights up green, when turned off the button lights up red.
- AV Mute: Audio/Visual Mute button mutes any audio playing in the classroom. When the button is turned on it lights up green, when turned off the button lights up red.o Coloring: When the button is turned on it lights up green, when turned off the button lights up red.
- Volume for the classroom audio is controlled by a knob on the Extron panel. It has five levels,the first four levels light up green, the highest level is indicated by a red light.
- If feedback is experienced in the classroom while the volume is turned on, check the ELMO document camera to make sure the microphone on that device is off.
Video Input Sources
- MOBILE: A mobile device or ClickShare dongle is connected and is being used for the display
- PODIUM: The podium computer is set as the input for the display
HDMI: An HDMI source has been plugged in and is being used for the display
- Coloring: When an input source is in use, the button lights up green. When an input source is inactive the button lights up orange.
- HOME, PRESET 1, PRESET 2: Each of these corresponds to a different view of the ceiling-mounted camera.
- Three buttons have been left unassigned and put in place for future technology.